Benefits of L-Arginine
More and more doctors and scientists are seeing the significant health benefits of increasing Arginine intake as it naturally converts to the neurotransmitter Nitric Oxide in the body. Nitric Oxide is regarded as the “most significant molecule in the body” and is absolutely crucial to your well-being.
Healthy individuals usually have enough of the vital amino acid in their bodies and do not require supplementation. However, recent studies have shown that supplemental Arginine can provide remarkable health benefits to adults when taken daily for three month periods. What’s more, when combined with another essential amino acid, L-Citrulline, the effects are boosted and sustained longer.
Click here to read more about the research findings and what experts are saying.
Here are just some of the many health benefits from L-Arginine supplementation:
- Protects Your Heart – Nitric Oxide is needed for healthy blood vessels and good blood circulation. For this reason, some people with high blood pressure can benefit from taking L-Arginine, as it helps produce more Nitric Oxide. One of the biggest benefits is that it relaxes vessels which allow blood to flow easier, thereby reducing stress on your heart. This ultimately lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of blood clots which can lead to both heart attack and stroke. Read more about how it can help control hypertension and decrease the risk of heart attack, stroke, and kidney disease. Lower Blood Pressure with L-Arginine
- Lowers Cholesterol – Studies have shown L-Arginine to have a positive effect on cholesterol levels. For example, a study performed on healthy volunteers showed that those who took the supplement experienced reduced bad cholesterol levels. It is also suggested that it may increase good cholesterol levels but this has not been completely confirmed yet.
- Help with Erectile Dysfunction – It improves sexual health by enhancing the effectiveness of Nitric Oxide, which releases the muscles around the blood vessels supplying the penis. The vessels dilate so that more blood can get through, and this results in a longer erection. Studies were done in 1999 on 50 men who had erectile dysfunction. Half the men were given placebo while the other half were given L-Arginine. After six weeks, the men who were given the real supplement saw substantial improvement. Learn more about how it can improve sexual performance and satisfaction for both men and women. L-Arginine and Libido
- Promotes Anti-Aging Benefits – Arginine is an HGH enhancer. It encourages the production of human growth hormone (HGH) by stimulating the pituitary gland. This is a hormone that your body makes less of as you age so by increasing production, you’re rewarded with anti-aging benefits. When enough human growth hormone is released in the body, the aging process is slowed down, and diseases related to aging are less likely to develop. For this reason, individuals who are interested in anti-aging solutions can benefit from taking L-Arginine supplements.
- Helps Fight Cancer – There is evidence that Arginine may help those with cancer. Large amounts of the essential amino acid and Vitamin D3 in the body can improve the immune system so much that it can clean out cancerous cells. Based on research, the growth of prostate cancer in particular can be stopped with sufficient amounts of it.
- Boosts Immune System and Reduces Recovery Time – Studies show that increasing L-Arginine doses in your body can boost your immune system and speed up recovery. This amino acid can also help stimulate the immune response to bacterial challenges and help increase the amount of collagen needed for repairing wounds. For example, when taken with ribonucleic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid after surgery, it has been found to help patients recovered faster, wounds healed more quickly, and the risk of infection was decreased.
- Promotes Weight Loss – Weight loss may be another benefit of L-Arginine supplementation since it improves the nitrogen balance in the body, which helps metabolize protein. As a result, more protein is converted into lean muscle, and with more muscle mass, the body is better able to burn unwanted fat. This process allows the body to reduce the amount of fat that it stores and maintain (or increase) essential muscle mass. When trying to lose weight, the goal is to lose fat…not muscle…because your muscles actually enable you to burn fat faster.
- Enhances Workouts – The best way for your body to be in its optimal condition for exercise and sports is to supply it with lots of Nitric Oxide. An increased supply of blood and fluids in the muscle tissues (i.e., “pump”) is necessary for the muscles to function more efficiently, especially during workouts and athletic performance. Higher “pump” not only makes your muscles look more defined but also conditions your mind to help you focus more in your workout. To improve “pump”, muscle builders use Nitric Oxide. However, other Nitric Oxide products do not prolong the pump and dilation of blood vessels as long as L-Arginine Complete – which with the added benefits of L-Citrulline – sustains the Nitric Oxide in your muscles for more than 20 hours!
Click here to learn more about the results of scientific research and clinical studies.